Fernando ThompsonFundación Universidad de las Américas, Puebla, A.C.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, INNOVATION & TELECOMUNICATIONS BOOSTER
I have been CIO and CTO for the government, private sector, and currently at Higher Education, I love my job.
TEDx speaker, according to InfoWorld one of the best Mexican CIO’s (awards recognitions 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. 2015 and 2016), Top 50 Latinos influencer IT 2017 according to HITEC.
Thinker and doer that loves innovation and technology. Integrity, intelligence, teamwork and dedication are the virtues that God gave me to succeed.
Successful formulation and strategic implementation of several complex projects, restructuration and organizational skills. I love to lead the change management and build wonderful solutions for organizations.
Universidad de las Americas Puebla, 2008 to date
• Member of the Administrative Board
• In charge of the revolution of the learning teaching model through collaborative technologies, social media and innovation
• Implementation of the first platform of Cloud Computing in Mexico for HE
• Substantial improvement in the information systems, cyber security and telecommunications
• Creator of innovative strategies in order to obtain more customers through Apps, business intelligence, social media, CRM, internet, virtualization and on-line tools.
• Improving business processes based on standards-based such as ITIL, ISO and COBIT
• Creator of TV UDLAP, the IP-TV channel of the University
Mexican Ministry of the Interior 2007-2008
Mexican Ministry of Foreign Affairs 2003-2007
TELEVISA ESMAS.COM 2000-2003
UOL UNIVERSO ON LINE INTERNATIONAL BUENOS AIRES ARGENTINA 1999-2000
TecTel SA de CV 1996-1998